Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

In preparation of our pumpkin carving party, we take the time to take the "guts" out of the pumpkins before heading over to our friend's house.  It is a good chance for the kids to get their hands dirty and to squish the guts all over the place. 





For the past few years, we have been getting together with some friends to carve our pumpkins. Generally, the night consists of kids playing together, carving the pumpkins (well, usually it end up being me taking over and finishing the pumpkins for them),dinner, and then me rushing off to soccer. This year it was slightly different as the boys did a great job carving their pumpkins by themselves. Josh was very determined to finish his pumpkin by himself and I must say that he did a great job. I was pleasantly surprised by Jamie's determination as he carved everything except for the mouth of his skull. Usually Jamie will start something and quickly get distracted by something else . . . I wonder where he gets that from? Michelle stayed clear of the pumpkin carving, but probably had a harder job of helping Emma decorate her pumpkin.

"Use the Force Rick"

Josh did a great job from start to finish on this one.

Jamie's is the one on the left.  I am pretty amazed by his carving this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment