Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Oval Camp

We generally don't put our kids into Summer Camps because we often don't want to be tied to a schedule and have to stay home, but we were given the opportunity to put Josh and Jamie into a free oval camp . . . did someone say free?  Free, now someone is speakin' my language.  Lets just say that the boys had a blast at this multi-sport camp with their leaders Punky and Ryan.  Hockey, soccer, basketball, badminton, ping pong, gymnastics equipment, and their favourite activity the Rock Wall.


Look out Steve Nash, here I come!


I don't think the boys stopped running for the whole three hours!  The boys were wiped at the end of each day.




"The best . . . when I was rock climbing, Ryan kept saying keep going up, you are almost there"  Did you like that?  "Yup, because it is the way that I liked it . . . I would of stopped earlier, but I kept going".  "I was proud of myself because I tried things that I never did before.  I never thought that I could go that high"

"I have never gone rock climbing before at the oval so I was nervous because the walls looked so high as I looked up.  The first few times, I didn't climb to the top because when I looked down it looked so high.  On my third try, I wanted to stop, but I kept going because Ryan was telling me to keep going and that I could do it.  When I reached the top . . . I felt really good because I have never climbed to the top."  When one of the kids wanted to go on the hard ones, I wanted to go as well because I wanted to try something different"

The boys learned a lot about themselves this week . . . as they took new risks and challenged themselves to newer 'heights'!  Thanks Lisa for being too busy scheduling your own family fun and giving our kids the chance to attend this camp.                                             schwartzchronicles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment