Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pender Island


Summer is here!  
Another great time had at Pender Island!  Lazing around by the adults and lots of time for the kids to roam around the many beaches that the island has to offer.   Exploring the tidal pools, lifting every rock and seeing what it has to offer, shrieks of excitement as new animals reveal themselves.  Crabs, eels, sea worms, sea stars, sea anemones, sucker fish, sea cucumbers, seals, porpoises, deers, and eagles were plentiful as the kids scoured the beaches and collected their favorites in their buckets.  I was just starting to get into the groove of Island Life, when our time had come to an end.  This trip continues to be a family favourite as we relax on this island oasis with good friends and no responsibilities . . . well we do have the three rug rats to worry about.

The boys hanging out together on a nightly walk along the trails . . . full, action packed days meant easier night time routines.
I don't think Mich took off this hoodie the whole time . . . even as the temperature rose.
I am the mighty Joshy!
Even Emma got into the swing of things and started to pick up the little crabs that she would find.  Everything she found had a creative name for example, "Crabby Crab and Fishy Fish".
These are the experiences that I love to be able to provide for my kids . . . getting outdoors, exploring something new, learning through doing, and allowing their own curiosity to guide their play.
It is great when the kids get along so well and find ways to entertain themselves.


Emma enjoyed feeding the deers that came to visit us everyday.  I loved how she would talk in a 'whisper voice' at full volume as she tried not to scare the deer away.
Stacey and Emma searching for Crabby Crabs.

Josh loved fishing for the little fish found in the different tidal pools.  


No comments:

Post a Comment