Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The First Leg


Our first leg of our trip went without a hitch.  We got an early start to our day and hit the road at 9:30.  The drive took us about 6 hours where the kids played their newest iPad game called, Tap Titans.  Michelle and I were pleasantly surprised at how quiet the kids were in the back seat . . . so like any seasoned traveller, we were not going to interfere with them . . . we know that the calls of, “I’m hungry!  Do you have any snacks?  Are we almost there yet?  I have to go pee” would soon enough begin.  The only thing that could be heard in the truck was Michelle saying, “This is impossible” as she loses life after life on Candy Crush and the kids saying, “I beat the Boss!  I beat the Boss!”
  So lets help clarify things for you.  If I told the kids to sit at the table and tap their fingers as fast as they can on the table for the next 2 hours . . . I think there would be a mutiny on our hands, as the kids would feel that they were being mistreated and abused.  This new "game" that is “so much fun” is just that.  The kids literally tap the screen as fast as they can over and over and over and over again.  No skill, no strategy, no thinking . . . just simple tapping . . . it does not even matter where you tap on the screen. 
KIDS???  I still can’t figure them out . . . no wonder there is no manual to raise kids . . . you can not predict what they will do or want or like next.  Kids are . . . well . . . for the most of the times . . . a few bricks short of a load, which makes them so difficult to figure out.  No I am not being mean . . . I am simply stating a fact that kids’ brains are still developing and growing . . . so they are often a few synapsis short of common sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment