Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Final Drive

Tomorrow will be an early start to the day as we make the long drive home.  It is funny how at the beginning of the trip we talked about five and half weeks being so long, but now that it is over it seems to have gone by too quickly.  As I sit here late at night blogging, I am sad at the fact that our trip is coming to an end.  Some of the things that I am grateful for and have enjoyed watching are:
  1. watching how much the kids have bonded with one another and played with each other
  2. enjoying new and exciting experiences together, free of distractions
  3. hearing the kids say that they are going to miss Grammy and Papa when we get home
  4. being the only ones here for one another
  5. watching the kids snuggle up to Grammy and Papa, seeing Emma jump on Papa’s knees and snuggle in
  6. seeing the kids snuggling up with one another on the couch
  7. watching their confidence grow in different areas
  8. sharing stories of our days’ adventures back at the trailer
  9. pushing the kids outside their comfort zones
  10. watching Josh and Jamie take care of their little sister and teaching her new tricks and random things
  11. all of the holding hands, hugs, kisses, and uppies!
Our life on the road for the past five and a half weeks.
Our comfy home away from home.
Over 6500 kilometers later
Living in a 500 square foot trailer
Five and half weeks on the road
A nine and a half hour drive home
Spending every minute together . . . 
Priceless!!

We are finally home!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment