Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Future Giants

 
Vancouver Giants - Seafair Night

On the evening of November 12, the Vancouver Giants  played against the Kelowna Rockets, but for many of the fans sitting in the stands they could not wait for the first period to end.  The anticipation and the excitement continued to build as the H1+ were getting ready to take the ice at the Pacific Coliseum.  The magic of Hastings was once again live and well as the future Giants got their game faces on and attempted to down the last of their French fries and popcorn before having to head down to the dressing room. It was as if the paparazzi was there to capture the latest Hollywood scoop as cameras flashed and video tapes rolled to capture every moment of this special night. With parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends all sitting proudly as our Seafair H1+ players took the ice and gave it their all.  It was as if you could hear, Jim Robson doing the play by play on Hockey Night In Canada, "Jamie streaks down the ice on a break away, he shoots . . . Oh great save by Nathan!"  Okay, maybe I am exaggerating a little, okay maybe a lot, but it was a great night as our kids got a chance to be in the spotlight and feel like Sidney Crosby for their "Five Minutes of Fame" on Heroes night at the Coliseum.  You could see the kids holding their heads high as they returned to the throngs of their endearing fans with lots of words of encouragement, high fives, and hugs.  A very successful night that everyone involved will remember and reminisce about for years to come.


Get your game faces on!


On our way to the dressing room.

It is always so nice to be able to share the experience with our cousins.


 I figured that we should hit the gym after the big game since Jamie is about 40 lbs soaking wet!!!  My big little guy makes me so proud.







No comments:

Post a Comment