Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Perspective

There have been two events for whatever reason have really made me think about me and more importantly my family . . .
1)  My soccer accident that occurred about 14 years ago . . . yes, 14 years ago.  I have always been one of those people that believed that it would 'never happen to me' so when it did, it really made me think that I wasn't the Superman that I thought I was.  I could be hurt and become sick even though I didn't have any serious side affects to Kryptonite . . . and that there were other things out there that may hurt me.  It was really from that event, that really changed my perspective on life and how fragile life can be.  Every time I look at a picture of me, I am often reminded of my accident as I notice some of the differences in my face . . . it is not a sad thing for me, but a good reminder for me to live as positively as I can.
2) On a more recent note, we were driving up to Whistler and we were stopped on the Sea to Sky Highway.   As the seconds turned into minutes, we began to wonder why we were at a stand still.  With three kids sitting in the backseat, we decided that we would try to investigate and find out what was going on.  As Michelle walked up the street, I turned on the radio to see if any news was being aired . . . much to our horror there was a head on collision about 5 km up the road.  I couldn't stop thinking about how the two families would be changed from this point on . . . it is not only the families, but the "villages" that care for the occupants in the vehicles.  Life can change in an instant and unfortunately this event has reminded me that I can't control everything that happens, therefore, I need to make sure that I don't take things in my life for granted.
Perspective . . . lets just say that I held my family really close to me this long weekend and appreciated the big events, but more importantly the little things that we did together from the hugs, kisses, and the many giggles shared by us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment