Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Squamish / Whistler

Since we were stuck in traffic, we decided to make the best of our day by heading back to Alice Lake to spend some time on the beach.  Josh brought his GPS so that we could do some geocaching, but unfortunately we could not find the two caches that were located close by.  We had a good time searching the area and doing our best job to be as stealth as we could.  We went back, sat on the beach, and watched Emma making her sand soup.  Emma does love to play in the water.  It is amazing how a bucket, shovel, and some water can keep our kids entertained for hours.


After a little while, we decided to get away from the wind and go for a hike through the trails . . . lets just say that hiking is no longer hiking as the boys love playing Man Tracker.  Even my little Emma started to say, "I am Man Tracker, you go and hide".  As we came out of one of the trails we were surprised to find a little bike park that the boys just had to try.  The boys rode for awhile and Emma spent most of her time sliding down the slide at the park.



Another spot that we have enjoyed going to is Shannon Falls as it is a good spot for the kids to stretch their legs and get out of the car for a bit.


I must admit that I do love the kid's sense of humour as they are always looking at ways to ham it up!



Slowing down and enjoying the little moments in life.  


Cautious Josh crawling along the fallen tree, whereas Jamie casually strolling behind him . . . I love this picture.  A tale of two kids with different personalities.  By the end, Josh was practically running across this log and jumping off of it.


A new flavour to add to my Road Trip diners would be . . . FAT BURGERS.  Yes, Fat Burgers, doesn't sound too healthy or appetizing, but I must admit that it is one tasty, cardiac stopper of a treat for the road.  The Californian Burger combo is definitely a four napkin meal as the insides become the outside . . . there is no real subtle way to eat one of these burgers.  If you are trying to impress someone on a first date, this is not the place for you as you will walk out with more grease on your face than in your gut!


Whistler is one of my favourite weekend getaways as there is lots to do as a family.  We always hit the local bike park and the boys get a kick out of riding the dirt trails and watching the older kids perform their big air jumps.  Josh is beginning to whip around on his bike trying new things on the bike park and the skate park.  It is amazing how well Jamie rides as he is already riding some tracks that Josh could not ride by himself last year.  Even Emma got into the action as I took her on the dirt track on my bike . . . I couldn't see her myself, but the constant giggling from behind me was enough for me to continue riding around.


Finally, we found our first geocache of the weekend.  This was a cool one that the kids enjoyed opening up and picking out their prize.


No comments:

Post a Comment