Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Monday, May 21, 2012

What Were We Thinking?

For the past few years, Michelle and I have talked about how the boys birthday parties are becoming a little too big to be held at our house . . . too many kids in a confined area is not a recipe for a sane birthday experience for the parents. We tried to pursuade Jamie to have an "offsite" party, but Jamie wanted to have a party at home. Don't get me wrong, Jamie has come up with some great ideas, for example, he had a chocolate party, a rock star party, a workerman party, and this year he wanted the ultimate game show party. So after a few nights spent googling game shows we came up with what we thought would be a fun, but organised party for 16 boys . . . yes, 16 boys!!! Despite the overly excited and hyperactive boys walking through the threshold of our backyard we tried as best we could to ignore the sarcastic parents as they turned their backs on Michelle and I mumbling, "good luck". Lets just say that some of the parents were not even in our backyard before they sprinted the other way with a huge grin on their faces. I must admit that the party was successful because at the end of the day the only thing that mattered was whether or not Jamie enjoyed his party and he did. We started the party with the kids running the Gauntlet in our backyard version of Wipeout, which required them to run across our backyard and back again while the other kids threw beachballs and balloons. Next, we played Deal or No Deal, where candy, hockey cards, and Pokemon cards were the prizes. It was really funny because for the rest of the party the kids would say, "Deal" or "No Deal" whenever we offered them something. "Who wants a cupcake?" "DEAL!!" The final game that we played was Silent Library where the kids were subjected to some interesting challenges.  Another fun, but exhausting party for our not so little Jamie.


Gee, I wonder how Josh and Jamie both lost in Silent Library this round??


A great time had by all, but I do think that next year I will push for the "offsite" party a little more.  I can't wait to hear what theme Jamie would like for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment