Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom, was well, MAGICAL!!!  It is the happiest place on earth with tons of surprises around every corner.  Although the days were exhausting and hot, Michelle had us on the "Let's do everything" guide to Disney World.  For those that are interested, Michelle will be publishing her extreme Disney tour guide book in the near future called, Dumbo or Bust. 
Here is a list of items to consider prior to tackling Disneyland when traveling with Michelle:
  1. A six pack of Jolt Cola
  2. Venti Latte for breakfast
  3. Comfortable shoes - lets just say that you will be walking a marathon
  4. A case of energy bars or a box of sugar cubes will do
  5. Sunscreen, a good pair of glasses and a rain poncho (Hurricane weather will not be an excuse to slow down!!!).
This should last you until LUNCH . . . like I said, this is not for the faint of heart!!!
All kidding aside, without Michelle we would of been lost in "Fantasyland" and failed to really experience Magic Kingdom. 
I have to admit that this was my favourite park to visit with the kids as there was lots to see and do for all of them.

Jamie loved driving the cars at the Speedway.  Lets just say that we had some anxious moments as the car for some reason started to bounce from side to side. 

Josh was very proud of the fact that he could steer and use the gas pedal to cruise around the track.

Arrrrgggg!!!!

We also hit Downtown Disney for about two and a half hours . . . lets just say that we only got to go into two stores, The World of Disney and of course the Lego store.

Michelle had some stiff competition trying to be the Princess of the trip.

Lets just say that Michelle was cramping my style . . . awkward

The kids loved battling Zurg.  Josh somehow scored 724 000 points . . . this made this ride an instant hit with him.



The day started with riding Dumbo the flying elephant.
These spray fans that we borrowed from some friends was a life saver, especially for Jamie.  He was soaked before we even got into the park.

We managed to stay for the light show and the fireworks . . . lets just say that there were some pretty tired little people that night . . . and no that does not mean Michelle and I!!!  Lets not kid ourselves, Michelle had us up and early to beat the line ups at the Animal Kingdom the next morning. 

A couple of hints to help re-energize the kids from these long, tiring, but exciting days.

These Mickey Mouse waffles were a big hit in the mornings.

Need I say anything here???


An amazing trip with family.  Thanks Papa and Grammy!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like this post a lot. Cute and funny and warm and fuzzy. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great happy photos...your whole family is so photogenic and smiley! Makes me want to go back - the magical kingdom is really just so magical!

    ReplyDelete