Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back into the Swing of Things

One thing about September is that it is a full on sprint.  Many people think that we ease into things, but in reality this is the time that everything and anything begins in our family.  It seems like the summer was a distant past as we find ourselves running around getting everything organised.  The past several weeks have been a little crazy as we are trying to adjust to our new routines and weekly schedule.  Today was a little slower paced as we only had Josh's hockey practice/game.  I always enjoy watching the kids participate in their different activities and today was no different.  Josh had a great game.
A group of us decided to head over to the local IHOP for breakfast with Ji-chan and Ba-chan.  We explained to the kids that we really wanted to have a family day after breakfast, so no play dates today . . . that didn't go so well as Michelle was quickly brought to her knees as there were some teary eyed kids as we were leaving the restaurant.  Next thing you know, we have all of the kids over to our house for, you guessed it, a play date.  That's my Michelle, you know the one, THE ROCK!!!
Anyways, things worked out well as the kids played very well together and we managed to put our house back together.  Once the other kids went home, our day was filled with Lego building and we got to play a few board games with the kids.  Lets just say that Emma enjoyed playing Operation with Jamie and I, but I wouldn't give her a scalpel anytime soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment