Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action!

I can't believe daddy is actually going to finally let me have a turn to blog!!!! 



We began our "Magical Holiday" at Disney's Hollywood Studios.  In two jammed packed days, we definately had the the power of the "force" with us.   The  boys rode the Star Wars Ride a total of six times, trained as Jedi's twice, bought three Star Wars Lego sets and somehow convinced me to let Jamie buy a lightsaber!!   I hate to admit it but I may actually have to watch a few of the movies since it is a little painful to have my five and seven year old roll their eyes at me trying to explain over and over again who is good and evil.  I am left wondering how exactly they know so much because they have never seen the movies either!!!


After the advice of many, we raced over to sign-up for the Jedi Training right after fast-passing Toy Story. Turns out, we should have split-up because after waiting in a 45 minute line up, we got the second to last show at 7:35 pm.  Anyway, it was official, the Hikida boys would become Padwans.  We returned to the park after dinner and and swim to face the Dark Side.  Excitement mounted as they got their robes, light sabers and began the training.  About two minutes in, the Florida skies opened up and it poured rained.  You can only imagine the disappointment when they were quickly ushered off the stage and handed their certificates.  I'm not sure who took it worse, the eager boys, the proud grandparents, the cheering sister or the miffed parents!! 



Jedi Training:  Take Two - We learned our lesson from day one.  Rick and the boys raced to line up for Jedi Training as soon as the park opened.We were in the 10:00 am show!!!

Almost the best part of the show was when Emma started chanting, "Go Joshy go!  Go Jamie go!" , "My boys, my boys!"





The Dark Side was no match for these Padwans!!



Other Highlights of our time spent at Hollywood Studios included:

1.  Watching Beauty and the Beast

 

2.  High fives, autographs and hugs from some of our favourite Disney characters.






3. The Toy Store ride was a definite hit.





Yuuuup!!!  Your daddy was the Toy Story champ . . . he was a firm believer in rapid fire, rather than accuracy.  Lets just say that Jamie's accuracy was 29% . . . hmmm



1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun...smiles all around! I can't wait to show Adam and Colin the Jedi Training photos!

    ReplyDelete