Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hanging Out

This weekend we were given the gift of time as the only thing we had was Josh's hockey which happened to be earlier in the morning and a birthday party for Jamie. The rest of the day was ours to enjoy putting around our house and getting outside. I must admit that I did not miss having soccer as we could do as we please and not be tied to being somewhere for the remainder of the day. So what did we decide to do you ask??? Well, the boys decided that they wanted to head over to the local elementary school and play some road hockey with their cousins and some of the boys' friends . . . yes I know . . . hockey? Really? You are probably asking youselves, "don't they get enough of the game during the week?" I am not a pushy parent who is trying to live out his dreams through his boys . . . I am simply fostering a love of sports and an active lifestyle . . . I wasn't the one who made them play hockey in sub zero temperatures for two hours, it was them . . . I was simply the poor parent huddled at the door trying to stay warm. Believe me, a nice warm game of indoor mini sticks hockey . . . I mean Lego would of been ideal for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment