Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Quiet Sunday???

I know that some people think that we are crazy trying to do all of the things that we do, but I do love it (don't tell Michelle that, I like to give her a hard time).  My dad often tells me that we need to stay home more and relax . . . which always makes me laugh because staying home is not always relaxing with three kids.  Yes, I like to pull out the 'nothing box' and watch some mindless T.V., but I usually reserve that for when the kids are in bed or Michelle has taken them out.

So, this past Sunday I was looking forward to a relatively quiet Sunday together when in reality, I don't think we were home for more than 30 minutes in total from 7:20 am until 8:30 pm.  Our day started off with a game at 8:00 am, which meant an early start to the day at the rink.  Josh played really well back checking, stick handling, scoring some goals, and most importantly trying to set up his teammates.  I love that about his game now.

We then headed off to our local recycling depot and spent about an hour and a half sorting bottles to help raise money for the Richmond Food Bank.  Lets just say that Josh's uncle, who helps coach his team, is a little crazy when it comes to these team competitions.  He does go a little overboard . . . his enthusiasm is contagious and his heart is definitely in the right place.  I love the fact that the kids are taking time out of their day to help out other families that could benefit from a little action on their part.

So what is next you ask?  Well, it was only 10:00 am . . . we still had the whole day ahead of us . . . so we went home changed into our Canucks' Jerseys, dropped Emma off at her grandma's house and hopped onto the Sky Train.  For the past few years we have taken the boys to the Canucks Super Skills Competition at Roger's Arena.  This year we went with my brother's family and Ji-chan and Ba-chan, which was a part of our Christmas gifts.  Josh love the fact that he could say that it was Christmas, even though it was the middle of January.  This year, it was even more interesting because the guest team that was on the ice with the Canucks was a Bantam Seafair team in which we new a couple of the players.  I asked the boys which two competitions they would participate in:
Josh - "The breakaway challenge of course dad, don't you think?"  and "The fastest skater".
Jamie - "I would win the fastest skater" and "The breakaway because I can do an up shot".

The mascots are always a big hit with the kids.  

I think this picture really captures our kids the best!

Believe it or not, Michelle did have a Canucks shirt on underneath all of her layers.  I guess the walk through the rain was a little chilly for her.

Gotta love the puck heads.  I couldn't believe that it was a sell out for the Super Skills . . . only in Vancouver!

Chill'n with the cousins.

Another entertaining year watching the Canucks show off their talents.  Even Ji-chan and Ba-chan made the festivities this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment