Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snow Days

We initially had plans to head out to Science World after Josh's hockey game, but we were quickly met with a mini-protest as the boys wanted to take advantage of the snow and play outside.  So, the task of hunting down the snow gear began as gloves, boots, toques, snow pants and jackets were slowly discovered again in our house.  We bundled up the kids, got into the truck and headed over to our friend's house for some snowball fights and sled rides.

Although the snow was not very deep, the kids made the best of it giving sled rides, finding a base to hide in, and of course ambushing the parents with their snowballs.  Emma on the other hand, enjoyed the short sled ride that was given by Michelle and chasing after the big kids.  It was fun watching Emma play in the snow for the first time . . . a little cautious at first, but right in the mix of things within a few minutes.

The day ended off with a new favourite of ours . . . nachos with cheese and guacamole dip, pasta lunch, and of course some hot chocolate.

Bundled up and ready to take on the snow! 
I guess throwing snow in my own face was not such a good idea.

Jamie loved trying to ambush the parents . . . of course. 
Poor girl . . . two older brothers . . . no pink snow suit for the third child 
A sled?  A shield? A snow carrier?  It was everything . . . gotta love their imagination! 
Emma loved her first sled ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment