Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Banner Games

I must say that I was looking forward to this weekend as it was not only the opportunity for the boys to play in their banner games, but also because it meant no more ice times  . . . well, at least for a couple of weeks.
Josh had a great year with coach Pat, where he made some new friends, renewed some old friendships, and got to play with his cousin.  It was great seeing him looking to set up his teammates by passing to them when they were open and of course scoring some goals.  It is great to see him trying to lead his team by example on the ice and off the ice.  His favourite move that he worked on was the spin-a-rama, which he saw Mason Raymond do during a shoot out on t.v.  Josh's team played against Burnaby Minor, which was a fun game to watch as the teams were evenly matched.  Josh played really well scoring two goals and making some great passes.  




Jamie has surprised me over the last month of Hockey H1+, as he has become more focused during game days and is beginning to be more involved in the play.  I need to continue to remind myself that he is only five and that he has made huge improvements in his skating.  His skating was very evident in his banner game as he did a great job back checking the other team on defense and weaving his way on offense towards the other team's goal.  Jamie has really enjoyed having coach Derek work with him this year.






No comments:

Post a Comment