Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Great Wolf Lodge

This year, Papa and Grammy treated us to a weekend at the Great Wolf Lodge as our family Christmas present.  We always enjoy our time here, but the boys were very excited to have their cousins and grammy and papa there this time to share in the experience.  This made our time there a little more relaxing with so many hands on deck to help us out and entertain the kids.  At one point, I was sitting in the lobby while Emma and Michelle were in the Cub Room and Josh and Jamie were running around the hotel solving their Magic Quest . . . yes, I was feeling a little guilty sitting there . . . for just a brief moment.

Emma was very interested and motivated to colour these pictures found in the hotel lobby.  Mich and I were amazed by her patience and care that she took to ensure that she coloured in the lines.  No matter how hard we tried, Emma would only colour her pictures using one colour.  Do they sell crayons in one colour by the box?
About an hour and half later and this is my pictured coloured . . . not bad with the limited colours that I had.  Little Emma would not let me leave, "No daddy, there is still white".  Nobody took my call for help seriously, I was being held hostage by a three year old.  This is what I loved about this trip and summer . . . not having to be anywhere or feel that I have to do something . . . I could sit on the ground and colour with my daughter for as long as she wanted to.  Lets just say that I needed to see a massage therapist and a chiropractor to loosen up my back and knees after this marathon colouring session.
The boys have been wanting to do the Magic Quest for few years now so the they decided to use their birthday money from grammy and papa to buy the wands so that they could slay the dragon.  Josh chose Grand Master for his Magi name and Jamie was the Blue Dragon Slayer.  The boys must have climbed up and down those stairs a hundred times.  All that I know is that, I only went for a fraction of the time and my legs were done.

Thanks Grammy and Papa for a splash splash'n of a time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment