Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

2012 Family Olympics

I love when the kids come up with an idea that they just want to do . . . I am not sure if the Summer Olympics had something to do with this one or the fact that Josh is going into grade three and this will be his first year to participate in the District's Track and Field Meet.  As we drove past Minoru Josh and Jamie wanted to go and practice running around the track.  Our first event was the 400 m and the contestants were in Lane #1 Josh, Lane #2 Jamie, Lane #3 Michelle, and in Lane #4 Emma.  Josh was so proud that he beat his mother around the track.  Jamie was close behind and Emma did a great job stopping only a couple of times.  Our second event was the 100 m dash.  Michelle managed to redeem herself by beating Josh by just a hair.  In the second heat, I raced against Jamie who can really move for a little guy . . . look out Usain Bolt!  Our final event for the day was the long jump.  I loved how Emma wanted to do everything her big brothers were doing at the track.

We are going to have to work on Emma's long jumping technique.
Look out below!!!
I think they get their vertical jumping abilities from me.  They are vertically challenged because of Mich . . . and me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment