Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ahoy There Matey!

The kids are very lucky to have such loving grandparents that will do anything and everything for them, even if it means spoiling them from time to time.  When Ji-chan and Ba-chan visited us in West Bank they noticed that many of the kids there had a rubber dinghy to play in, so what else would be the first thing that they would do when they got into town?  Well, buy the kids a rubber dinghy of course!  Since then the kids have been bugging us to go boating and test out their paddling skills.  We met up with one of Michelle's friends at Cates Park in North Vancouver, which has become another place that we all would revisit in the future.  It was great to reconnect with Andrea's family and catch up on things as well as hang out at the beach looking for sea creatures and paddling around.

Thanks Ji-chan and Ba-chan
This is like seeing the Ogopogo . . . Mich is in the water . . . well kind of!  Even Emma helped row the boat.
Just call me King as the kids paddled me around . . . all I needed was a latte in my hand.
As we were saying good bye to our friends, we heard Emma calling us and this is what she found.  Beach combing for crabs, sea stars and shells.  Since we have spent so much time around the water this summer the kids have become very confident swimming and picking up everything that they see.

It is always great to be introduced to another place that we can visit as a family - a great beach and a fun playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment