Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Centennial Beach - The Broken Chicken Wing

Well, I wish I could say that our visit to Centennial Beach was cut short because of the cold weather or because all of you were getting hungry . . . but, it happened on my watch.  Yes, my watch and your mommy loves to remind me of this when she can.  We were having a cold, but great day playing at the beach with your cousins and decided that we would head up to the playground to warm up.  Well, that is when it happened . . . my little princess fell off the ladder and broke her arm.  That feeling of helplessness and guilt as I picked you up was overwhelming . . . I have seen you and the boys fall many times and get hurt, but this was different.  I must admit that, you are one tough cookie as you had to wear a sling for three weeks . . . it didn't really slow you down as you tried to keep up with your brothers . . . we were constantly telling you to slow down.

You are starting to make me a little nervous to see you climbing higher and higher every time we go to these parks.  My little Joshy, is growing up too quickly for me.

This will be the closest thing to a motorcycle that you will ever be allowed to get on . . . so enjoy the ride!!!

My little Jim Jam . . . the smile that never quits.
This is where the "incident" happened . . . as Emma would say, "I fall down at the playground".

Here is a bit of a guilty tribute to my little Emma . . . before the fall.  You are too cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment