Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"We're Leaving On a Jet Plane" - The Sleep Whisperer??

Disney World here we come!!!!  Two and a half hours on the first flight to Denver and then three and a half hours to Orlando with an hour and a half lay over . . . not a problem.  Traveling with three kids was really not that bad for the Sleep Whisperer.  I had to entertain two of our kids throughout the flight, while Michelle only had one child to deal with.  Now, any rational thinking person would agree that two is definitely more difficult than one child . . . at one point Michelle even had her mom helping her on the flight as well . . . two adults and one child?  That is like a dream trip.   Lets just say that Emma seemed to get the best of Michelle . . . little Emma was ready to party and was not willing to take her scheduled nap . . . 

Lets just take a glimpse a few rows back in the plane where I was . . . it was like a scene out of the Brady Bunch, the boys quietly playing their DSi's so that their father could get a few minutes of shut eye . . . ahhhhh . . . "Serenity Now".  As we moved into our second leg of our trip, our flight to Orlando, Josh was intently watching the video screen, while the Sleep Whisperer was busy putting Jamie to sleep.  Ahhhh success, time for some shut eye.



Meanwhile a few rows up, Emma was busy throwing some of her tea cups during her tea party with Michelle, climbing the chairs, walking up and down the aisle (interrupting my snooze I must add), and almost causing the oxygen masks to deploy after she messed up her diaper . . . I figured it was time for the Sleep Whisperer to step in and take over.  I switched seats with green grammy, picked up Emma and held her close and within two minutes she was asleep . . . lets just say that Michelle was not impressed.  With Emma sleeping on my chest, I managed to get what else??  A few more minutes of shut eye.

I must say that even though it was a long day of travel, the kids did a great job as a result of Michelle's planning.  The boys and Emma loved unwrapping and playing with their travel giftts and tasting the many tasty treats to help pass the time. 

1 comment:

  1. First you are the fire starter. Next you are the latte man. You are also someone who can clean a truck while employing the Nothing Box. Now you are the sleep whisperer. Seriously your talents are underestimated:) Hope you guys are having fun.

    ReplyDelete