Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Ordered The Small Pancakes?

One of the things that we have always wanted to do was eat at a Triple D's restaurant.  I think that I am the only one that watches this show regularly in our family, but everyone has seen a few episodes and knows what it is about.  So we looked into what restaurants were close by that we could take the kids to . . . what?  Eating out, in a restaurant, no dishes, or cleaning up?  This sounds like the perfect out trip to me.  Jethro's Fine Grub!!  We were warned that the restaurant is very small and that the line up would be long, so what better thing to do than to pack up the bikes and put our names in and head out to Pacific Spirit Park for some biking before breakfast.  As expected there was about a 45 minute wait for our table so we went to the park for some biking . . . unloaded the bikes from the truck . . . got our helmets on and headed for the trails . . . unfortunately the park is a walking park only so back to the truck again to load the bikes back on.  Our bike ride turned into a nature walk, which our kids love to do so no loss there.  It is funny how they can walk for an hour through trails, but become knackered with intense leg pains and bouts of starvation in need of nourishments when we walk around the malls for 20 minutes . . . no this is not me!  I must admit that I do need some hot eats or cold drinks to get me through a mall night.


We ordered chocolate chip banana bread French toast, a pulled pork sandwich and Emma wanted the strawberry pancakes with whipping cream.   I am so glad that we decided to share all of them as a family as there was plenty to go around.  My favourite was the pulled pork sandwich.  I think we could of simply ordered the pancakes to share as a family!  Nonetheless, it was a fine morning of biking, I mean hiking, and a feast of a meal.



1 comment:

  1. That's one Triple D place we have not been to yet! Those pancakes look HUGE Emma!

    ReplyDelete