Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Free Play

One of the things that I love about kids is that they can find the joy in everyday things that we as adults simply pass by.  Being in too much of a hurry to get somewhere, deadlines to meet, things to clean and organize, acting in a 'mature' manner, being way too connected to our smart phones, and playing in ways that we feel that people perceive is acceptable and appropriate.  Kids on the other hand, simply play to . . . well, Play.   It is this attitude of being free of judgment of others that I am always struggling to maintain in my kids.  I love how my kids keep me young and allow me to see things again through their eyes.  Playing with them and seeing their excitement in the little things is what I enjoy, but more importantly I am very grateful to be able to share in these experiences with them.  Although I wasn't at the park with Emma on this day, I love how free she feels to simply play with her little buddy in any way that they want.  Emma and her friend found the simplicity of playing in the leaves and simply being together.  When was the last time you played in the leaves?







Thanks again to Captain Canada for these amazing pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment