Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hockey

The boys had another great year playing hockey making new friends, developing new skills, and simply having fun.  This is one of those things that I hope to be able to pass onto my kids is the fun of being apart of a team.  I loved soccer for the competition and trying to make myself a better player and person, but it was all of the off field stuff that I loved even more.  Staying in hotels, traveling to different places, eating out with teammates, and of course all of the banter that goes along with it.  I know my kids are learning how to be a part of a team, trying to make others feel included, developing healthy life habits, and learning how to win graciously and to lose with good sportsmanship.  I must admit that I love watching them play . . . whether it be in practice or in games.

Jamie Hockey 2
Jamie loves to celebrate the goals that he scores . . . at times we have had to remind him not to slide through center ice on his knees pumping his fists!

He always got lots of chances to score in every game, which allowed him to focus on other parts of his game once he scored his three goals.


Josh Hockey 4
Josh was a great two way player this year for his team.  Making great passes and back checking hard on his shifts

Yes, even Josh had his patent "Kesler" celebration after his goals.

I love this picture of him celebrating while the other players are down and out.

Josh's skating is definitely his strength.


Josh and Jamie even got to play together for one game this year which was a highlight for the family as we got to see them in action.  It was really cool how Josh took him under his wing and helped him out both in the dressing room and on the ice.  Lets just say that Jamie was a little nervous before this game.

The boys were nicknamed the Sedin Twins as Josh scored a hat trick and Jamie scored the other two goals to win the game 5 to 3.

He was even awarded the hard hat that game by the coach.  Well done boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment