Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Lantern Festival

One of the events that Emma's preschool puts on is a Lantern Festival where the kids make lanterns in class and parade around the grounds near her school.  It is a fun community event where there is a drumming station, arts and crafts, face painting, balloon twisting, and often a juggler of some kind to entertain the kids.


On this evening it was raining a little so the main event of the night who was the comedic act of a juggler took place in the gym.  So lets set the stage . . . yes, I must admit that I am a little sarcastic with my kids at times and they have grown to question most things that I say.  I have had this long, ongoing joke with them that I used to be a part of the Mexican Circus . . . why Mexican?  No reason at all . . . it simply started as a joke that a colleague and I played on some students at Outdoor Education, so I just kept it up with my kids. Lets just say that on this night my joke bit me in the butt as one of my kids said out loud, "my dad knows how to juggle . . . he used to be in the Mexican Circus".  So lets just say that when the juggler needed an assistant, who else would he ask but the ex-pro from the circus.  Boy did my kids have a good chuckle as I was dragged up on stage for some tacky jokes.


Do you think Josh is enjoying the show?


No comments:

Post a Comment