Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Canmore


Michelle and I both agree that Canmore feels like a smaller scale Whistler.  The views are amazing from our trailer as we overlook the Rocky Mountains.  

Exploring near the trailer.
Our view from the trailer.


Jamie and Emma just had to try out this bicycle repair stand.
Michelle thought she made a mistake because the drive from Jasper was only about an hour, whereas the drive from Canmore was two and a half hours to the Columbia Ice Fields.  Well if it was a mistake, it was a great mistake because it was the most scenic drive that I have ever been on . . . even Michelle was inspired to take some photos while we drove.  When we got to the Discovery Center, we headed over to the buses that would take us to the Athabasca Glacier.  





The kids loved the monster bus and our guide’s tacky jokes.  The boys enjoyed drinking from the melting glacier as it “tasted better than well water” according to Josh.  Emma simply liked playing with the natural ice cubes that she found on the ground. 



Next on our agenda was the Sky Walk, which is a clear glass bottom that overhangs the valley below at a height of 325 meters.  


I was a little surprised by the kids’ reaction when we finally got onto the bridge as they very cautiously stepped out onto the glass.  Jamie was shuffling his feet slowly behind us and felt comfort when I held his hand.  The view from above was amazing as everything below looked tiny.  Josh wanted to get off of the bridge after awhile, in which I don’t blame him. 
While we were on the bridge, I asked Josh to take a photo of Michelle and I when a nice man said that he would take a family photo of us.  Great!  As the man lined up the photo I knew we were in trouble because he said to me, "I can't see you, I can only see me in the camera".  So I took back my phone and made sure that he did not take a selfie of himself.  The man snapped the photo and handed me my phone and said, "if you don't like it I can take another one for you".  When I viewed the photo I said to him, "no this one is great, thank you".  Here is his photo.


Thanks Josh for retaking the photo for us.
A beautiful place to enjoy as a family on a hot summer day. 



On our way home, we made a couple of stops to dip our feet into the river and to skip some rocks.  A great day once again on our summer road trip. 



One of my favourite parts of summer is being able to slow down and just hang out.


No comments:

Post a Comment