Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Fort Walsh

We went into Fort Walsh for the day where we got to travel back in time to an era where life was simpler, yet wild at the same time.  Upon arrival to the Fort, Michelle and the kids made a beeline for the craft cabins while I took some time to read up on the history of the site before proceeding into the rest of the fort.  Well, that was a big mistake because for the next 40 minutes I tried to track them down in the seven or so buildings.  I could not figure out where they were as I wandered in and out of the buildings completely confused, as this place was not that big.  I decided that I would exit the fort and head across the field to a couple of buildings that I could see in the distance.  Sure enough there they were making bead necklaces in one of the cabins.  By this point I was an expert in all of the other buildings in the fort since I wandered in and out of them so many times!
The one thing about Michelle is that she is great about scheduling our time when we are at places like this.  She had us going from one location to another to take in all that was going on such as: making ice cream, feeding a calf, seeing the blacksmith, going on a carriage ride, watching Metis dancers, viewing an indoor planetarium, and watching the reenactments that were going on.  We always get the most bang for our buck, even if our feet are killing us.







Emma loved feeding Paul Brown the baby calf.
Josh loved the challenge of the old style games.


Let me out!!!!

We want our mommy!!

Hello Miss Mary.  Thanks for helping us make our ice cream.
One of Josh's favourite things to do
During one of the reenactments, they had one enemy soldier hiding in the tall weeds across from these soldiers.  Jamie thought they had bad aim because "they took like a hundred shots" and they didn't hit him!
The boys thought that the battle was very slow because of the time it took to reload.
I think some of them were a part of the original battle or squirmish. 
I told Josh that I would give him a $100 if he yelled out, "I see the enemy" and run out onto the battle scene
 and tackle the one soldier!

No comments:

Post a Comment