Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Queen City Exhibition

I think the kids thought that this was going to be a great day when the first thing that they did was hug a vending machine that would spit out a free can of Coke.  One thing that we try to avoid as much as possible is giving the kids pop.  We know that they will get pop at parties, some play dates and special occasions, so we chalked this up as a special occasion and let them have their pop. 


First on the agenda was watching the Super Dog Show . . . Emma was in dog bliss as she sat there watching the dogs race through the agility course, go through tunnels, and jump over the bars.  Her favourite dog was named Hakita of course.  “I liked him because he was big and he was named Hakita!” 
I think the dogs some how hypnotized her!
Emma did not talk too much throughout the show.  The dogs kept her at the edge of her seat
for most of the show.
On our way to the next show, I just happened to get stopped by the mini donut food cart, where by some magical force I was hypnotized by the sweet smell of oil, sugar and cinnamon and bought two bags.  When Emma saw what I had in my hands, she came running over to get her tasty treat. 

My favourite treat at the fair!
Next on our list of things to see was the Craz E Stunts, a bike and roller blading stunt team that used ramps to do some amazing tricks.  This was the boys favourite show . . . of course . . . with the many high risk tricks.  Tail whips, backflips and bar spins were just some of the tricks these guys did. 



We (and when I say we, I mean Michelle) saw an opportunity for the kids to do a pedal tractor pull competition in one of the buildings.  So we got there early to register and happen to catch the start of a magic show put on by The Freddy Fusion.  He did some cool illusions and was quite funny.  At one point in the show he asked for a volunteer from the audience and Jamie’s hand shot straight up.  Jamie was chosen to go up on stage and help out the Magician.  I thought it was perfect that he asked Jamie if he could put his two fingers together and hold them there and of course Jamie said yes.  The magician attached a toilet paper roll to his fingers, which made all of us laugh (especially Emma).  He then said, “no wait”, took the toilet paper off of his fingers and then said, “actually I like it this way”, and switched the roll around.  Jamie’s face was priceless as he giggled away on stage.


At on point Jamie was TP’d by the magician as he used a blower to dispense the roll.
We then got to see Britains Got Talent speed painter David Sharp.  He painted this Iron Man in two songs.


 Off to the tractor pull.  Basically, as the kids pedaled down the course the weight began to move towards them adding more weight the further they went.  The age of the competition ranged from 5 years old to 12 years old.  Emma started us off by pulling 45 lbs, which is more than her weight.  Great job Bean!  


Jamie pulled 75 lbs in the first round, 125 lbs, 225 lbs, and then finally 325 lbs in the fourth round!  Who knew that those little legs could push so much weight.  Jamie finished fourth. 


Josh started off at 100 lbs, 150 lbs, 225 lbs, 325 lbs, and in his final attempt he was up to 400 lbs!  Josh amazingly pulled the 400 lbs sled about 10 feet down the course.  Josh finished in second place!




What more can you ask for than a day of entertainment, food from the fair, and of course some after dinner treats!

Josh and I went back for some more mini donuts!
One thing about Saskatchewan is that they love their Roughriders . . . there is Rider Gear everywhere!  Shirts, hats, licence plates, RV Mats, everything and anything Riders!!  So, we took a risk and got out of the car . . . one of my good friends who is a Riders Fan said that we could of got arrested for this . . . joking of course, I think!

LET'S GO LIONS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment