Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Maple Creek Here We Come!?!?

Well, we are packed up ready to leave with the kids in the truck as we await Papa and Grammy to pull out of the site, when as they get rolling there is a big BANG!!!!  I am thinking to myself that this is not a good sign and sure enough the springs holding the front tires on the trailer are broken.  We are not leaving anywhere fast!  Papa gets on the phone and calls up a repair shop called, get this, Spring Service!  Really?  I guess if you want people to know what you fix you might as well tell them up front.  So, we drove very slowly and carefully following behind the Cyclone to the shop.  The mechanic who came out was great, he said that he is booked up for weeks in advance, but he would slide us in right away.  I think it was Papa and Grammy’s plan of getting all of the kids out of the truck and into the service station that might have helped us along.  So, we had a few hours to kill in Regina, so we had to make some alternative plans.  I think the kids thought this slow down on our travel day was the greatest as we took them to Chuck e Cheese for some games and fun.

Josh cashed in and hit the 100 ticket bonus!
Jamie's go to game when it comes to tickets.  He has figured out how to get the 50 tickets.

When we ran out of tokens and the kids picked out their treats for the car ride, we decided that this would be a good time to check off another one of our Summer Bucket list ideas.  So we headed off to A + W for some Rootbeer floats.  When I asked at the counter if there was a kid’s size, she said no, which was a plus for the kids as they saw the size of the cup they were getting.  They were in awe as they were watching the lady pour the floats from almost behind the counter.

Oh yaaa!

Good to the last drop!  Surprisingly these were very filling.
By the time we finished our Rootbeer floats, the trailer was ready to be picked up so that we could be on our way to Maple Creek, which was about 4 ½ hours away.

Which one do I follow?  This is a first!

Emma!!!  What do you think you are doing?  NO SLEEPING!
 Upon arriving in Maple Creek, I knew we were in a small town once again when I came across this crosswalk sign.





The town is a little like Radiator Springs (yes, I am referencing Cars a Disney Pixar Movie) as the town was probably quite busy as the highway used to snake its way right through it bringing with it customers and tourists.   But now the Trans Canada Highway bypasses Maple Creek sending most people around this quaint little town.  There are still some shops along the main road, but there are some empty storefronts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment