Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Monday, July 28, 2014

A Day of Art

As Josh put it, “the weather here is weird”.  One minute it is sunny, cloudy, a torrential rainstorm and then sunny again.  Today has been a little wet and Michelle saw signs to an Artist’s Colony . . . of course she did.  She can spot Starbucks and the word Art (or any other word that is related to art) from a mile away, but she can’t spot the lawnmower in the shed from two feet away!  Talk about selective vision, but I guess it is no different than my selective hearing.  We visited a couple of small huts in which artists rent out for a few weeks to a year as a studio space to showcase their work and to create.  One of the artists asked the kids what should she paint next and Jamie told her that she should paint a beaver den (we have seen quite a few of these in our travels on our way up here). 

At the recreation center, kids were invited to create their own art using acrylic paints on a canvas, colour for a colouring contest, and decorate a sugar cookie using sprinkles and rock candy.  It was a little awkward when Michelle, the crafter, mixed up sparkles and sprinkles and put the sparkles with the, decorate the cookie station.  One of the other dads even came by and said that there was much discussion at the other tables as to whether or not the sparkles were edible.  Michelle’s defense is that she blames her 10 year old son and claims that they are non-toxic.  I am sure that Martha Stewart would be proud!  Lets just say that there may be a few kids with sparkly poo in the morning!  My son included because Josh tried some as well.  Don’t worry folks there will be no picture of this in the upcoming blog post!  The kids were very proud as the same artist came to the rec hall and talked to them about what they did well. 

I love Josh's brush strokes in his sky.
Jamie's beaver den

Emma's tree
Today we also taught Grammy how to play Bananagrams.  We upped the ante by making each round worth a small prize.  Emma and I won the first two rounds and won a piece of gum and a marshmallow.  Josh won the third round and Jamie won the fourth round, each getting a marshmallow.  Sorry Grammy, but no win today . . . that is okay because Michelle has not won yet either.  Perhaps the two of you should take on Captain Canada!




No comments:

Post a Comment