Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lion’s Skate Park & Riversdale Pool in Saskatoon

A little tune up was needed on Josh’s scooter as his handlebars were loose and the bolt holding his scooter up was broken.  I wanted to make sure that his scooter was fixed before we went because I think the condition of his scooter caused his fall in Whistler . . . which led to the road rash on his elbow and knee.  Michelle and I even talked about getting him a new one just to be safe.  Never fear, Papa is here to fix the problem!  I told Wayne that Josh would not be happy if his scooter could be fixed because he has had his eyes on a Havoc scooter for a couple of years now.  Sure enough, Josh’s scooter was better than new thanks to Papa . . . but I think he was a little disappointed that it was fixed . . . I think deep down, he thought he would be getting a new one on the way to the park.  When we asked Josh about how long he thought we would need at the skate park he responded, “about an hour”.  So off we went to Lion’s Skate Park in Victoria Park.  Josh wore his new hoodie for quite some time until Michelle advised him to take it off . . . low and behold, Josh was that guy!  He had a ring of sweat on his back and his head was drenched (luckily for Dry-Fit it only lasted a couple of minutes).  The park was quite busy, but they managed to find their line that they went on over and over again.  The boys were trying to do a 180, a tail whip, and ‘big’ jumps. 


Tail Whip!! 
Air Jamie
Even Emma found a line that she could do that did not interfere with the other kids.  She liked going up and down the two ramps.  As her time on the ramps grew, so did her confidence.    


Cruising down and then up again and again and again!
I love how the pinkness contrast the skateboard culture clothing of the others.


The boys really enjoy these types of skate parks because they can use gravity and momentum to get them going.  Well, two hours later and we had to finally tell them that we were leaving. 
I think the kids would love a trip across Canada visiting skate parks with bowls in them and playing mini-golf!

Our next stop was Riversdale Outdoor Pool, which was located a stone’s throw away from the skate park, which made it convenient.  A great place to cool off!  I guess the rules in Saskatoon are a little less stringent than other places because when I asked if there was a height restriction on the waterslide, the attendant looked at me as if I was crazy and said no.  Great, even I could . . . I mean Emma could ride the slides.  When we asked if Emma could jump off of the diving board, they said sure . . . life jacket and all.  The only rule that Josh could see was “No running on the deck”, which was made out of nonslip concrete.  The rules here, or lack there of, allowed us to enjoy the pool to it’s fullest. 
While the boys were jumping off of the diving board, Emma and I played in the pool.  This is the funny thing about the difference in play.  With Josh and Jamie it is all about wrestling in the pool, jumping on my back, trying to trip me, splashing me, karate kicks . . . you know the usual pool “fun”.  Emma on the other hand, made me be a dolphin and she was my trainer as she pretended to put on a show for an audience.  She could be quite demanding as a trainer when I did not perform my tricks to her satisfaction.  If I was not doing it correctly she would either shove me into position or she would demonstrate it for me.  The lifeguard overseeing the pool was having a great time watching this five year old boss her dad around doing dolphin tricks.  I think I looked more like a breaching whale than a graceful dolphin.  That is one thing about Emma she loves her imaginative play. 


No comments:

Post a Comment