Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Saskatoon Zoo and Fishing

Our Saskatoon plan was to go canoeing along the Saskatchewan River, but when we called and told them about our paddlers, they recommended that we find a couple of more adults.  I am not too sure what they are trying to say about the strength of Emma’s arms?  So, we decided to change plans and head to the Saskatoon Zoo.  The kids loved trying to find the different animals in their enclosures.  The weather was not too hot so many of the animals were out and about.  We walked around for a while and then took a little tram that took us around the other parts of the zoo.  I think I was the most excited about seeing and having the opportunity to take a picture of an animal that I have used in my classroom.  Josh and Jamie were trying to figure out why I was so excited and what this animal meant . . . I can’t tell them everything. 




On our way out, we decided to try our luck at fishing again in the pond just outside the zoo.  Fishing is not the fast paced, immediate reward that soccer and hockey is for the kids.  Jamie continues to enjoy fishing regardless of the outcome as he will cast and re-cast his rod over and over again.  He often only needs a nibble to keep him there.  As Jamie said to me, “I want to leave, but this is when I will probably catch something”.  Unfortunately, no fish today but another day spent with the family is always a great day.


Sorry Jamie, no fish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment