Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Monday, July 28, 2014

The Drive to Fish Creek Campgrounds by Kenosee Lake

Lets just say that this was a tough one to get through.  The kids were great, but in my mind I thought it was only going to be a couple of hours, but it turned out to be about six hours.  I had a good chuckle when Dale pointed out the Saskatchewan ski hill . . . I think my driveway is steeper and taller than that!  As we looked across the plains to the horizon Josh said, “Dad it’s like you could go to the end of the earth and fall off!”  I now know what the early explorers must of felt like as they travelled in their ships because that is what it looked liked through our windows.  Since we have been driving through Saskatchewan, Michelle has been wondering where all of the wheat fields are because in our minds they should be tall and swaying in the wind, but I guess it is too early in the season for that.  (One thing about travelling with the fifth wheeler is that you always have a toilet on hand . . . simply pull over and open up the trailer.)  So on one of our unscheduled stops, Wayne pulled over to show us some of the different plants that were growing.  The drive . . . well not much to talk about because it was flat with a lot of wheat/barley/canola fields.  Wow!  Look kids another field! 

The kids thought this triple decker pig transporter was hilarious!
The kids getting a lesson about the different crops in the field.


Our hotel on wheels has been amazing.  1.  The kids have found their sleeping areas very comfortable as they rotate beds every two days.  Michelle and I sleep in the back room in the toy trailer on a new and very comfortable mattress.  2.  Personal washroom and showers when the public facilities are a little . . . lets say off.  3.  This one makes it on my good and bad list, but a full kitchen.  Great because we can have homemade meals, but not so great because as Papa says, “we are eating way too healthy!”  4.  Satellite television, which is one of the first things that gets set up when we arrive at a campsite and the last thing to be taken down.  On some days when the weather is not cooperating, the TV is one of the things that can help calm the kids down (Please don’t judge us).  5.  Latte machine, yes a Latte machine.  Push a button and voila espresso, turn a knob for steam and you are done.  No measuring or getting rid of coffee grinds . . . it is completely automatic . . . no fuss. 

The shirt says it all!?!?  Me chop wood with tiny axe!

One of the first things to get set up and the last things to take down.
It is a nice thing to have on when we simply need some quiet/down time.
Jamie on the pull out couch.
Josh up in the loft.
Emma on the converted table.
Michelle and Jamie on our bed in the back.
The kids' top three things about the trailer.
Jamie’s Top Three
3    3.   No rain coming in
      2.  Cooking stuff, like a kitchen
      1.  Not hot all the time, when we camp there is no air conditioning . . . it has air conditioning.

Josh’s Top Three
3.  Air conditioning
2.  Having a TV while camping
1.  Having a clean washroom

Emma’s Top Three
 3.  She has her Rapunzel doll and Beenie Boos to play with
 2.  You get to do cool things like horse riding and a lot of things
 1.  Because I get to eat somethings special like pop!


Traveling with Papa, Grammy and the family has been great, however, there have been some adjustments along the way.  1.  Getting ready for bed at 8:00 at night has been a tough one since everyone goes to bed so early.  One benefit is that I have stopped having my midnight snacks.  2.  Trying to be helpful around the trailer, even though I really don’t know how I can be of most use.  I do think that I am finding some of the little things to do when we pack up and unload at a new location.  3.  The early morning wake up . . . I must admit that I am the last to get up on most mornings though.  4.  The lack of privacy when using the toilet . . . lets just say that it is located a mere foot away from their bed.  Late night washroom visits could be a little awkward! 

The best reason why I love traveling in the trailer . . . lots of family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment