Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Royal Alberta Museum

Today, we had to go with our backup plan because it was raining again, which I am glad that we did.  We decided to go to the Royal Alberta Museum to gain some knowledge . . . as Jamie said to us in the truck on the way there, “one thing bad about being teachers’ kids is that Math is everywhere and we have to learn everywhere.  A good thing is that we can spend the summer together”.  There were four exhibits that were going on at the museum:  Worn to be Wild, Treasures of the Earth, Gallery of Aboriginal Culture, and the Wild Alberta Gallery.  In the Treasures of the Earth the kids liked looking at the different crystals, gems and bugs.  Emma was a great tour guide of the bugs showing me all of the different tarantulas and stick bugs.  The boys enjoyed looking for their birthstones in the different displays.

The Worn to be Wild exhibit was a tribute to the leather jacket . . . yes, the culture of the leather jacket.  The kids had fun trying on some leather jackets and posing on a Harley Davidson.  They always crack me up when they decide to create different poses in their pictures.

Look ma no hands!!
Hasta la vista baby!
Born to be wild!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment