Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sore Butts to Hinton

Today was one of our longer travel days as we went from Cache Creek to Hinton, Alberta, which was about a 6 ½ hour drive.  


The kids did great in the truck, however, Jamie did sum up the trip by saying, “my butt hurts!” . . . leave it to Jamie to say bluntly what we were all feeling (any excuse to say butt and he is all over it).  We made a quick stop in the township of Jasper and wandered in and out of a few of the shops.  A very neat little town, but I am not sure how anyone stays in business.  You have your local eateries and then you have a slough of souvenir shops that line the streets.  Yes, it was busy and their were a lot of tourists, but come on . . . really?  It seems like the only thing that changes as you wander through every souvenir store is the person sitting behind the desk . . . I mean, really, how many Jasper, Canada keychain variations can there be?  How does anyone stay in business when everyone sells the same stuff?  I know, I’ve got an original idea . . . I am going to open up . . . a souvenir shop next to the other ten . . . seriously?  Unless it is the same owner of all of the shops, I don’t get it.  Anyways, we continued along and hopped into an ice cream shop and bought some jumbo freezies to keep us going.  We got back into the truck and made the last 40 minutes of our journey to the Hinton KOA where Papa and Grammy were awaiting us.


After dinner, we heard that you could fish off the bridge in the little creek, so off we went as a family.  We were very lucky this time because we lost a hook, caught multiple weeds and branches, and got bit by a few mosquitoes.  Ahhh another great day fishing!  Sorry Jamie, but no luck this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment