Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Doritos Roulette?


On our way home from the Alberta Royal Museum, we made a quick detour into a Hockey Store called Pro Hockey Life, which is the biggest hockey store that we have ever seen.  Michelle on the other hand went to pick up some groceries and paid a visit to a Dollarstore.  One of the things that Michelle bought was a bag of chips . . . I know, I know . . . everybody knows that I have a bit of a weakness for chippies, but this bag is different.  They are called Doritos Roulette and there are some warnings on the bag.  “Attention:  Some chips are very hot!” and “Most chips are the Doritos Nacho Cheese flavor you love . . . but there is a hot chip in every handful!  Do you dare eat another and risk getting burned?”  


When we got back to the trailer we started the game Doritos Roulette, where each person took one chip and waited for the HEAT to hit them.  Jamie was the first to “lose” as he got the first hot chip.  I think he guzzled down a glass full of water in a matter of seconds.  Emma, who loves chippies, would only take a small chippie in fear of a hot one.  After a while she gained the courage to take on bigger and bigger chips as she realized that everyone else was getting more.  Josh loved the gamble of eating the chips, but “hated the spicy ones.  Why do they have to be so spicy?  It felt like my lips were burning!”  On a number of turns Emma chose to pass on taking a chip.  I think this will be the only time Michelle does not tell us to stop eating chippies!

Everyone is looking pretty calm here except Josh who just ate a hot one! HA HA!
Josh is trying to brush the hotness off of his tongue after the game had ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment