Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

West Edmonton Mall - Flat Brim Hats

Well, today was a rainy, stormy day so we decided to head back to West Edmonton Mall and do some shopping while mixing in a bit of fun.  The kids wanted to buy some hats for the summer, so we thought it would be a good idea.  Although everyone wanted the same one, we managed to find three different hats that they were all happy with.  It was funny watching Josh flip his hat over and over again readjusting it and Jamie taking his hat off and on as we walked through the mall.  Emma was the most fun to watch as she strutted along with her hat on backwards looking into every mirror.

New hats and hoodies.  Emma giving it some attitude, again.
Lunchtime!  After we ate the snacks that we packed for the day, we bought some teriyaki chicken for the kids and poutine . . . yes, poutine again.  I needed to at least try another poutine to compare and to determine whether or not poutine is what everyone says it is . . . a good excuse to eat fries!  The poutine today was better than last time, but it won’t make it as a regular meal. 



The kids wanted to play golf as their fun activity for the day, so we went to the Dragon’s Tail black light 18 hole miniature golf.  The kids had me chuckling the whole time as they were quoting Happy Gilmore after every missed putt.  I think Josh has seen that movie way too much as he knew way to many lines by heart and it’s accompanying actions.  We had to remind Emma that this was a mini-golf putting course and not a driving range as she wound up and sent the ball flying.  A good thing that no teeth were knocked out and no one was injured.  Michelle Wie look out!


They were all smiles, until I putted my way to victory!


"Hey homies!  The Kid'z are in the house!"

No comments:

Post a Comment