Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fishing

Jamie and Josh have been bugging me to take them fishing, real fishing and not just casting a plastic fish and reeling it in over and over again.  So I decided to break out my fishing gear from when I was a kid and head out to the docks in Steveston.  I am beginning to realise that my boys are growing up as they didn't want my help in casting their rods or baiting their hooks.  We decided that we would try some shrimp, bits of a hot dog wiener, and some blueberries as bait.  Jamie thought that the fish would love the blueberries and that we would catch a big sturgeon or a shark.  Although we did not catch a sturgeon, we did catch a bunch of bullheads on the second day, which was very exciting.  The boys loved reeling them in and then tossing them back into the water.





I was surprised by their patience as we fished for about two hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment