Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Three Generations

One of the things that I love seeing is the relationship that all of you have with your grandparents/Ji-chan & Ba-Chan . . . we are so fortunate to have such a great relationship with them.  Each one of you have a slightly different little "special thing" with all of them.  This summer, the boys discovered golf and have been playing all of the time.  So, I decided that we would head off to the local driving range and hit a few balls with Ji-chan.  By the end of it, the boys hit 120 balls and practiced their putting on the putting green for about 40 minutes.  Our next stop was the West Richmond pitch and putt to test our skills.  Although my swing is nothing like Tiger Woods, I do love the social aspect of the game.  I found golf as a great way to connect with my dad and brother and now my boys are having a great time connecting with their Ji-chan and of course me.

The next Tiger Woods???

"Eyes on the prize . . . feet pointed at the target?"

"Easy swing, don't try to kill the ball"  Perhaps, I should be listening to my own advice when I am swinging a club.

FORE!!!!!!


Slice, duff, duck hook, off the hosel, caught it fat, pushed it wide, caught it thin, Fore!!!! . . . Don't worry boys, it will only take one good shot per round to bring you back.  

Oddly enough, the boys tied for their first round of golf together.  Our first golf game together . . . I look forward to many more games hacking away together.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rick...I am having a weird sense of deja vu as I look through your blog. These golfing photos could have been ones I took about 7 years ago ;) Adam and Colin love to golf too and would love to go to pitch n putt with your boys.

    ReplyDelete