Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Talk

I must say that I have had the talk with Josh and Jamie and I know that they are pretty young, but I thought I could share my expertise in this area . . . my conversations with them went something like this, "Boys, I hate to break this to you, but you are probably going to be one of the smallest kids at school, on your teams, and with your friends".  The reason why I am sharing this is because this has been a LITTLE bit of a break through summer for us as Jamie was finally tall enough to go on the tube rides at the Great Wolf Lodge and he was able to go on the Log Ride at Playland.  I can still remember how cool I felt when I was finally taller than my mom . . . now I am only 5'3' with my platform shoes and to put things into perspective . . . when standing I can put my chin on top of my mom's head . . . so, lets just say that I didn't have far to go.  I just want you to enjoy your journey in life, appreciate the LITTLE things, and soar to whatever HEIGHTS your interests and strengths may take you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment