Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

West Bank - Five Star Camping

Can we really call it camping???  I like to think of it as Beverly Hills camping because there is not much that I have to do to get our "camp" site set up . . . basically we pull in and unload our stuff and we are good to go.  Personal shower, nachos baked in an oven, satellite t.v., are just some of the conveniences that we must endure when we go to the trailer . . . I might need to take a break from blogging because my vanilla latte is almost ready!!

"Papa trailer . . . Grammy trailer"


Lets just say that I lost the battle for the chair . . . "My chair, I relax"

It was great watching their confidence grow as we spent each day by the water.

Emma started out the week scared of the waves . . . she soon was scaring us as she ventured further out into the lake.  Lets just say that the life jacket calmed our nerves.



Ahhhhhh, me Tarzan.


We fit so nicely together.  Hey, I made the blog!
The myth about the Ogopogo brought with it many interesting questions

Hanging out at the Kelowna park for the day.
 One of the highlights of the trip was going to H2O, which is an indoor water park with water slides, a mini wave pool, spray zone, river run, and the Flow Rider.  The Flow Rider is an ocean wave surf simulator.  The boys tried boogie boarding on it which surprised me as I thought they would be a little scared.  They both did a great job dropping in, riding the waves and having fun . . . a definite must visit for the next time we return to this area.
We had to do a little bribe to get them to take this picture . . . there is a reason for their excitement . . .

I think Emma's face says it all.  Apparently, a medium frosted malt was a little large according to Michelle . . . come on, we are on holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Frosties Rule. Looks like an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...great weather and so much fun. We love H2O too!

    ReplyDelete