Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Maritime Festival

We rode our bikes up to the Maritime Festival which was held at the old Britannia Shipyards for some face painting, wandering into the many buildings, and of course doing some crafts.  You guys made some prints, wooden boats and a fish kite.  All of the crafts only took a few minutes, but the one that Michelle happened to volunteer me for was the fish kite.  Generally, I am the one jumping into the cold lakes, trying to figure out something mechanical, or putting together an object that requires directions . . . so lets just say that the fish kite is right up Michelle's alley.  Crafting wood, white glue, coloured tissue paper and best of all you walk away with an end product . . . all signs point to the perfect family craft assisted by Michelle.  Somehow, I managed to walk into the Kite tent and 60 minutes later we walk out with two completed fish kites . . . meanwhile, I see Michelle walking around with free samples of Coke Zero and Vitamin Water while we baked in the crafting tent . . . there was no love for the boys!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment