Well I set this up for your mom to start blogging, but that lasted about a day or so (you know our mom and technology) . . . so I decided that maybe I could use this as a way to capture some of my thoughts about our Everyday Adventures. I really don't know when you will see this or read this, but I hope that you appreciate and enjoy reminiscing our time spent together. I love you always and you make me so proud to be your dad. I look forward to the many adventures and memories that we will share together.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer Carnival Party - The Nothing Box???

Ahhh . . . some alone time . . . Michelle and the kids are heading over to our friend's house for their annual summer party . . . I am going to pull out the "nothing box", putz around the house, watch 8 shows on the tele all at once (you know the ones, the ones with no plot line), tinker with some tools that I really don't know how to use, and maybe even pull out some sinful treats that are hidden above our fridge.  My visions of alone time were quickly shattered by the reality of suburbia living . . . yes . . .  housework.  I think that I needed a little assistance focusing on one job today because I simply found myself floundering around a whole bunch of jobs and not really getting any one task done . . . when you have 2 to 3 hours without the kids, lets just say that this does not bold well for me as the guilt would get to me.  And when you are married to the likes of Michelle who in half the time could make healthy meals with fruits AND vegetables, dress the kids in matching clothes, pack a five course lunch to take to the park, tidy each room to completion, plan 25 activities that we will do the in the next day and a half . . . lets just say that I needed a new strategy.  That is when the lights came on . . . THE CAR . . . yes the car, the car needs some love!!!

You see the car was the perfect vehicle (excuse the pun) to help focus my wandering attention. 
  1. It is a confined space that is limited to really three rooms, the front seats, the back seats and the trunk.
  2. Order - wash the outside, vacuum the inside, spray windows, Armour All dash.
  3. Sense of completion after each step as described above . . . important for my self-esteem.
  4. No television to distract my attention for 10 minute chunks of time.
  5. No fridge to keep looking into for something to eat . . . the repeated visits are necessary just in case I missed something the first 15 times.
  6. Michelle really doesn't know how long or how easy, I mean difficult it is to clean the car from top to bottom, therefore, I look like a ROCK STAR!!!
Please stay tune for some pictures - not of my car, but of the carnival party.  Michelle may even attempt her first blog post since I was soooo busy at home. 

2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious Rick but I can imagine the pressure you must feel living with a super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Nothing Box reference. So good:)

    ReplyDelete